The Telluride House offers great opportunities for personal, intellectual, and relationship growth within a diverse and stimulating community. Because there is no cost associated with living in the House, the house is also a very valuable scholarship, covering all room and boards costs. This page gives an overview of scholarship content and requirements.
The Telluride House scholarship covers all room and board costs for approximately 25 University of Michigan Ann Arbor students. The House provides everything that a college dorm does and more, including:
- Large single and double rooms (most students have singles)
- State-of-the-art computing facilities with network printing
- Study and work spaces, both quiet and communal
- Two meals a day prepared by professional chefs for housemembers during the academic year, with plenty of breakfast and snack foods available
- Wireless (and wired) internet access throughout the House, including in all rooms
- Exercise equipment, including cardio machines and weight equipment
- Entertainment areas, including a table tennis table, video game system, and movie-screening projector setup
The scholarship is renewable for up to 5 years, contingent upon satisfaction of the terms of scholarship.
Terms of Scholarship
The Telluride House scholarship also has a number of high requirements for scholars. Requirements can change slightly from term to term, but usually include:
Maintenance of at least a 3.0 GPA
Attendance of at least 75% of mandatory House events and duties
- Completion of the community service requirement, as defined by the House each semester
- Evaluation of applications to the house and Telluride Association’s Summer Programs
- Fulfillment of committee duties
For the latest Terms of Scholarship, scholarship requirements, and information about the house, please contact us.